My name is Milo Brandon – I work as an hypnoanalyst and I am also an Anglican priest. I enjoy using hypnoanalysis (which is one particular style of using hypnotherapy) to help clients understand and improve their lives. Hypnoanalysis is remarkable – it engages the power of your mind and this means understanding and change originates in you, yourself. This is an important point because so often therapeutic work imposes meaning and interpretation. My approach is the opposite – I work with your imagination so you can discover your own meaning and significance and interpret your experiences for yourself. This is the path to lasting positive change.
My background, qualifications and professional membership
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (London Hypnotherapy Academy)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (National Council for Hypnotherapy)
- Ordained Anglican priest
- Master of Theology (University of Oxford)
- Master of Philosophy and Religion (University of London)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Registered Mental Nurse (RMN)
- MSc in Health and Social Policy (City University)
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy for the Treatment of Trauma (London College of Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH))
- Certificate in EMDR and Ego State Therapy (LCCH)
- Registered hypnotherapist with the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- Member of the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
As both an hypnoanalyst and a priest, my approach combines spirituality and psychoanalysis. My particular background has led me to want to help people understand their own narratives, dreams and personal myths.
This enables you to explore and make progress with issues such as how to find new meaning in your life, recover from trauma, encounter loss and death, investigate your unconscious and the influence it has over your life and relationships.
We will work together using your unique experiences, memories, language patterns, imagery, metaphors and dreams to achieve what you want. How you see yourself and your world is at the centre of how we will work together.